Saturday, March 22, 2008

I got one!

With the club rules for motorsport, and my budget, being what they were, I thought that an early NB would be the best thing to get. A later NB8B is probably quicker and nicer, but a bit out of the budget, plus I don't like the shape as much as the NB8A. After checking out a few cars, I picked one that looked the best, and was well priced. An inspection at Tony's showed no major problems, so a deposit has been put down. Once roadworthy is passed (and the balance paid of course), it'll be all mine!!!

Here's some photos from the for-sale ad:







As you can see it has the polished factory wheels from a Heritage/10AE, looks very slick when the car is clean (which knowing me, it won't be for much longer).

I suspect that the rear bumper has been resprayed at some point (the plate is bent and the whole bumper sits a bit low), but structurally it all seems sound. Nothing too serious given the age.

Now I just need to control my spending on mods! Oh, and I need to find a good name for her.

No comments: