Sunday, April 27, 2008

Interior

First - just an opinion. I don't know how Mazda managed to remove both leg room and head room between the NA and NB series but this car feels really cramped inside. I have the seat at its rearmost notch, and my legs are just comfortable. Likewise, my hair is brushing the soft top, and I haven't pulled a helmet on yet... I don't think I'm all that tall. 185 cm isn't excessive. But I really need a different seat in this thing. The only option seems to be a race seat but that's not a good option in a daily driver.

Now...
I pulled apart the centre console this weekend for some inspections.

Rubber shift boots are torn as expected (top one only a little, but the bottom one's completely gone).

I pulled out the dash trim to check the radio as it's had an annoying rattle. Tightened up the DIN bracket which has helped. I had hoped to install something less ugly (eg an OEM stereo), painfully it appears that the last installer cut out the OEM stereo plug... idiots.

No comments: