Sunday, April 6, 2008

Brake Fluid

I'm getting lazy when it comes to taking photos. This isn't good because I actually washed Tyra today (as well as my parent's car which has been on loan to us, and has probably not been polished since... ever?). She looked very nice in the morning sun with the blingy wheels flashing in all their glory, but the sun was showing up some swirls and scratches.

I flushed the brake fluid and replaced it with PBR BF-600 - the best stuff in stock at the local Repco. A bit pricey (cheaper than Castrol SRF though), but worth it for when I get to the track. I also flushed the clutch fluid, which was typically grungy in the reservoir. I even pulled the clutch reservoir off (needed a damn good yank!) and cleaned it out inside (poke a finger in there and wipe liberally).

Next will be the diff and gearbox fluids! Some good pads would probably help. Should be just about ready to hit the track after that.

No comments: